Sunday 1 April 2018

Hot cross buns for Easter

Happy Easter everyone! I hope you are enjoying your day. We are having a quiet one here and as I am typing this I haven't had chocolate yet (I kid you not). But we started the day with a very traditional and very British Easter special: the hot cross buns, which we all ate for breakfast. Not the many variants we find nowadays in supermarkets (some of these variants are delicious), but the proper stuff (which we bought in Sainsbury's). A little anecdote about them: it is the one indulgence of my very English mother-in-law, who normally does not like anything sweet. I am not that keen on them, but around Easter I find it a nice tradition.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Happy Easter to you and yours, Guillaume! I love hot cross buns. For brunch today, I'm making cheese and onion omelettes with toasted hot cross buns.