Saturday 10 March 2018

Crime (fiction) report

I learned recently that South African crime writer Deon Meyer (one of my favourite crime writers) is working on a new crime novel with recovering alcoholic police detective Benny Griessel as protagonist. His sixth appearance as main character. The book should be available in English in... October 2019. That is a long wait. I hate waiting that long, but that means circa November 2019, after my Halloween reads, I will have a new Deon Meyer to read. Now when the author made the announcement on social medias, I could not help but ask him if we would see bodyguard Martin Lemmer, my favourite of his creations (more about him here). The author's answer (I can say it since he gave it publicly): "You never know". Which seems to indicate we can see Lemmer again. I also asked about pickpoket Tyrone Kleinbooi (more about him here and here), another one I really liked, but I have no answer for this one yet. Still, Griessel, possibly Lemmer, maybe eventually Tyrone... I can't wait to meet them again. They really feel like old friends.

No comments: