Thursday 4 January 2018

How to survive January

We are at the beginning of the month I generally dislike the most, maybe even more than November. January is long, it is rough, it is depressing and it often makes me melancholic. As usual, I will try to fight the melancholy back and survive the month, at least mentally. Here are a list of things I intend to do to to achieve this goal, please feel free to give me any suggestions and your own experiences:

-Read new books. I am setting up  a new reading list which should get me spirit up and I am keeping my eyes open in case I see interesting titles. This is not new, but it always gave good results in the past.
-Work around and on the house to make it more homely. This will give me something to look forward to.
-Whenever I get home, put on some comfy old jumper and warm clothes. This is a new one, for the evenings of the week at least, when I never thought until now to change clothes when I get home from work. My wife suggested it, and I think it's a great idea.

So what are your ways of coping with January?

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I agree with your wife -- always change out of your work clothes when you get home! Doing that helps create a very real physical, mental and emotional transition from work!