Wednesday 4 October 2017

A scary door

It has been said (by who I don't know) that there is nothing scarier than a closed door. When it comes to trick or treat, there is a challenge to this saying: the door has to be scary, whether it is shut or not... and yet inviting. Thankfully, in our quaint little English village, there are plenty of old houses and there are thus plenty of doors with characters, the scary bit is easily done, with or without decorations. I particularly liked this one which I saw two years ago: I thought it had just what it needed of sinister aspect, with the skulls, the small Jack O'Lanterns and the ghosts. Oh and the hand appearing through the lid. But it start with a good old and old looking door, which sadly our house does not have. So I will need good decorations.

No comments: