Saturday 29 July 2017

Porridge at Coffee #1

During our holidays in Cardiff, we discovered Coffee #1, a chain that we had never seen anywhere else, but it seems to be everywhere in Cardiff. I am generally rather cynical and unimpressed about coffee chains,but this one really was one of the best discovery made recently. It serves a lot of delicious food and drinks, their cafés are full of character and the staff is among the nicest I have seen in a very long time. So as usual when I get enthusiastic about a place, I went there as often as I could. We had one breakfast there, where Wolfie enjoyed a plain porridge and I had this porridge with blueberries, seed and maple syrup. This kind of porridge was made for me, being a Quebecker it made sense that I had some with maple syrup, as for blueberries, it is the emblematic fruit of the Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean region where I am from. So eating it felt like home. even though I think the plain Wolfie had was maybe the best because of its simplicity.

1 comment:

Rain said...

Hi Guillaume :) I am HOARDING maple syrup these days. It's all on sale and I think I have maybe 25 cans so far lol...we use so much of it. I'm sure you miss the Saguenay blueberries, I'm lucky, the harvest will be any day now...
:)