Friday 28 April 2017

New journeys ahead

I took this picture at the National Railway Museum of York and I am uploading it because it is a metaphor of my current situation. So anyway, little bit of bad news: the team  I am in at work is being made redundant. Which means that I have to look for a new job within the next few weeks, within the company or outside. So like seven years ago or so, my professional future is full of uncertainties. I am relatively calm about it because I have a few interviews lined up already and people have expressed an interest in me. I have chosen this picture to illustrate this topic because I will need to journey by train for a face to face interview at the headquarter of a company with a local branch. Also because when I have a new job, my commute will change. It might involve longer train journeys, shorter train journeys, or no train journey at all. Finally, because finding a new job and then starting it is very much an inner journey.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, that's tough news, Guillaume! But keep your chin up, I'm sure a talented guy like you will land well in a new place and hopefully in a short amount of time. Layoffs are just an unfortunate part of the work force, aren't they -- we've all been there. Sending you best wishes!