Wednesday 26 April 2017

About white noise

I don't know if you know the term white noise, but it is the word of the day on Vraie Fiction. Or word of the night, should I say. I hear some at the moment, like I do most nights at this time. This or pink noise. We use it to put little Wolfie to sleep. Basically, it sounds like a radio signal between stations, or an old TV when there is no signal. It sounds like hell. But it works. The first time I heard it, I said to my wife: "White noise might send our baby to sleep, but it sends me to the verge of madness." This deserves to be a new great unknown line. You can find some on YouTube, tell me how long you can take it.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have you tried a less irritating alternative like those soundscape recordings of rain, surf, gentle wind or something like that?

jaz@octoberfarm said...

anything to get them to sleep, eh?