Friday 17 February 2017

Oedipus soon

Here is a quick reminder (and a plug I have already done back in November) for those who can listen to it: on the 26th of February at 21:00 there will be Anthony Burgess' adaptation of Oedipus the King on BBC Radio 3. Oedipus will be played by Christopher Eccleston. It is partially produced to commemorate the 100th birth anniversary of Anthony Burgess. You do not want to miss it. My favourite writer's take on the haunting Greek myth, played by a great British actor. As I said in November, it is more than a dream coming true, it is a dream so good one would not even dare to have it. So mark it on your calendar and make time to listen to it.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey, thanks so much for the link to this on BBC Radio 3! The Oedipus myth is one of my faves so I will listen to this play when it's available. Got it diarized!