Monday 6 February 2017

February: the most depressing month?

This is what I read in a local monthly magazine. The foreword was claiming this: apparently, February is considered the most depressing month of the year. I wonder where they get that from. Not January, with the post Christmas blues? Not dreary grey November? I do feel unpleasant melancholy in February, but I feel melancholic nearly all the time. I looked over the internet, and found very little, if anything, to support this claim. Google "most depressing month of the year", you either get November or January. Yet thinking about it, it sort of make sense, at least here. February is just there, isn't it? Then I read 19 Reasons Mid-February is Hands Down the Most Depressing Time of the Year by Amanda Chatel and it made lots of sense. Okay, so I usually don't read these kinds of silly articles, but hey, when something trivial obsesses you, you end up reading trivial stuff talking about it. But yes, I agree with a lot of the silly reasons brought forward in this silly, completely unscientific article. What about you? What do you think of February? And do you think it just could be the most depressing month of the year?

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

But what about Valentine's Day? Surely that's a bright spot in the middle of the month?