Tuesday 10 January 2017

Hipsters explained

As the friends of my brother Andrew know, he hates hipsters. I never quite understood the definition of hipsters and what concretely a hipster would look like or behave, all I knew is that the name itself sounded utterly irritating. That is, until I found out The Ladybird Book of The Hipster, which explains in simple terms, with illustrations, what are hipsters and what they do. I now understand and share the contempt. In fact, I loved the book so much that I bought it for my brother as a present last year. There are many fascinating Ladybird Books, which are just as educational. I bought one for my wife as well (I let you guess which one until I blog about it). I have seen them at the local bookshop, so I will buy a few titles. As for hipsters, read this and laugh at them.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love man buns so I cannot bring myself to hate hipsters as a group. There may well be ridiculous individuals within that group, but there may also be worthy hipsters deserving of being taken seriously.