Sunday 8 January 2017

Enforcing prohibition

You might remember that the Ticklers have written the Wolfie Booklet, basically a book of rules about parenting regarding our little wolf cub. Rule number five strictly forbids the consumption of alcohol until our son leaves home. Well, yesterday, we had the Ticklers coming with the parents of Blonde Tickler for dinner. The dad had brought some bottles of Budweiser, which I probably hadn't drink since my early twenties (I am NOT a drinker of American lager). All the same, you don't refuse a beer, so I had one, but it scandalized the Ticklers, who started acting like conspirators for the whole evening. I only discovered this morning why: they had hidden every bottle of alcohol they could find (the one Budweiser beer left and two bottles of wine) by the door leading to the garden. I had to take a picture.

Nevertheless, they enjoyed their evening and our company: they even locked themselves in the bathroom at some point because they wanted to spend the night here. I guess then every single bottle of booze we have would have been carefully hidden somewhere where I cannot find them. What can I say? They are SO naughty, but I adore them.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They are strict taskmasters.

Magic Love Crow said...

LOL! Very funny!

Ms Misantropia said...

They sound adorable - I loved the booklet :)