Friday 23 December 2016

'Tis the season to be drinking...

Well, it is, as Yuletide is a season of excesses of all sorts, but also drinking excesses. Which I cannot dwell into too much. Not because I'm the designated driver, but because I am a new father. All the same, I like to drink Christmas ales and this country has plenty of them. I recently discovered in a local (and nearby) pub McMullen's Bootwarmer. So far, it might actually be my favourite discovery this year. It's difficult to tell I must confess, as I drink a lot of different seasonal ales and they often are very similar: dark and spicy. Maybe it was the setting and time more than the beer, I am not sure, nevertheless I enjoyed this pint tremendously. Ruby/brown coloured beers are my favourite, so it made sense that I was going to enjoy this one. And I did.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i've never developed a taste for beer. have a wonderful xmas!