Friday 23 September 2016

The cry of an owl?

I took this picture in York, during a bird show. You will easily recognize the barn owl, one of the most common species of owls and at the basis of many stories of haunting and supernatural encounters in folklore. So I love them, like I love all owls. And recently, I heard in the night a cry that sounds a lot like the cry of an owl. I might be wrong, but it sounds like an owl. Maybe not the barn owl, but being such a common species, I would not be surprised that this is what we have as a neighbour, hiding somewhere in the woodlands nearby. Which would be extremely cool.

3 comments:

baili said...

looks fabulous and unique because never saw such here .
best wishes from Asia

Guillaume said...

Tannk you for commenting on my blog and for the kind words! Where/how did you find Vraie Fiction?

Magic Love Crow said...

So beautiful! I have never seen an owl in real life!