Thursday 1 September 2016

September at last!


At last, September has arrived! For those who have not noticed it. I love September and consider its first day the true first day of autumn (that's right, not the equinox). As it is a tradition on this blog every September (although not always the first), I upload to celebrate the coming of autumn a picture of this basket my parents made, full of the products of harvest: crabapples, apples, apple and crabapple jellies, flowers. This is, a sort of horn of plenty. I always long for September, but this year it could not happen too quickly as we are expecting our first child this month. It is a very fitting time for him to come into this world, what with his father loving autumn so much.

1 comment:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

Me too! Although that certain feeling of Autumn on the air seems to fall about mid August here, and I delight in every delicious moment!