Wednesday 27 July 2016

Milk, tea and the new generation

Something happened at the last antenatal class I attended that shocked me. The long time readers of Vraie Fiction know my dislike of adding milk to tea. It is barbaric. Well, at the tea break, when I got the hand of my cuppa, I saw there was already milk in it. I hadn't asked. In fact, every single tea mug was clouded with milk, so much so that instead of being very black, it was beige. O how low English civilisation has sunk when adding milk to tea is an automatism. And to think that these were future mothers sipping happily this spoiled brew. I fear for the generation of my child. I mean my son can drink milk all he wants and I love milk. It's good for bones and it's healthy. I believe in the virtues of milk. But not in tea! There will be a time when my son will become a man and then he needs to understand that tea should be drunk unspoiled. To think that all these children will learn tea drinking from such parents, it is enough to make one shiver.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thank goodness we preserve PROPER clear tea drinking here in Canada, that's all I can say.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

my mother was very welsh and she always had milk in her tea.