Wednesday 15 June 2016

Saving £1 coins, one by one

In preparation for my new role as a father and to accompany me on the journey, I am reading The Expectant Dad's Handbook, which my wife bought me for my birthday. I will write more about the book and its useful advises, tonight I want to mention one: apparently, it is good to have plenty of small change for the time in hospital when labour begins, for vending machines and other things. So I have been saving one pound coins since I read this. It may not be the most important part of my preparation to fatherhood, but it has become a nice little ritual and it helps me keep patient while I wait for little Wolfie to be here. And that's right, this will be our son's nickname (or one of his nicknames) on this blog.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a good tip about the coin vending machines. Now . . . "Wolfie" . . . is that in homage to Fenrir or Wolfgang Amadeus?