Sunday 8 May 2016

Tomboys are not princesses

One of the Ticklers is a true tomboy, maybe the perfect tomboy, certainly the most tomboy girl I have ever met. I had another proof of that yesterday, when we were sitting with them at Wimpy. After lunch, the waitress came to clear the table and said to the Tickler: "Let me take your plate princess." The Tickler looked at her with very angry eyes, as if she had been really insulted. After the waitress had left, the Tickler whispered: "If she ever calls me princess again, I'll stab her in the eye with a sharp knife!" She was then told off by her mother, but we couldn't help but laugh. It was a mean thing to say to someone who was showing kindness, nevertheless it qualifies as a great unknown line.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's the spirit, little tomboy!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i feel her pain. i was such a tomboy when i was younger. i guess i still am!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I think my tomboy days ended the day someone called me 'sonny' and I indignantly retorted, "I'm not a boy I'm a girl" and promptly started growing my hair, wearing dresses and bought a doll. I was just 9 years old.