Sunday 17 January 2016

English snow (don't laugh)

They were forecasting snow to fall in the middle of the night. I was skeptical about it, as I always am in this country. I actually stayed up late hoping to see a glimpse of it, to no avail. Well, it came off as a complete surprise when, in the early hours of the morning, when a certain feline friend woke us up, that the ground was actually covered with a thin layer of snow. I tried to take a picture, but in the dark I had no luck. The next morning, this is what was left of it. I was still happy there were some traces left last night's snowfall. It is a sign that there is some kind of English winter. Not exactly winter wonderland, but I will take any snow I can get. Apparently, it might snow more in the coming days. I am skeptical about it, although tonight when I went outside there was the smell of snow in the air. And my instinct of a man from a snowy land tells me it is the coming snow they are forecasting, not the one from last night. Let's live and see.

3 comments:

PJ said...

Corrige ton premier lien. Il faut faire attention avec les copier-collers.

Anonymous said...

that is a lovely light frosting of snow!
we are buried in it,,,,,,,
I love to see green in the photos,, our world is all white and grey,

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My gawd, put the chains on the car tires, eh?