Tuesday 15 December 2015

Where winter is...

I have been desperate to see and feel snow these days. If not for Christmas, then on the days and weeks leading to Christmas. They have been promising us/warning us about a terrible winter coming. It hasn't come yet. And in Québec, it seemed that winter was not to be seen either, as no snow had fallen, even in this relatively late time in December. But apparently, in some places, it changed last night. At least according to my Facebook friends living in the Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean region, where I come from. I am torn between happiness for them, pride for my region, and complete and utter envy. So if you wonder where winter is, you have your answer: in Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean. This is where you need to be for a chance of a white Christmas. Sadly, I will not be there this year. At least I can still be proud of coming from the country where winter is.

4 comments:

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I empathise completely. I long for snow. I lived in Iceland and we had snow for about 8 months, but on the high ground there was always snow. We have not had snow since December 21 2010. I keep a record of snowfall.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i might have to head north. we are supposed to have 70 degrees on xmas. i mean....really? is this a joke? i am seriously pissed off!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We have enough snow in Edmonton to get the snowblowers out but that's about it.

Cynthia said...

Il a fait 15° hier à Paris! J'aimerais bien que le temps soit plus hivernal!