Monday 21 September 2015

"What are you rebelling against, buddy?"

Here is a little bit of intercultural anecdote. Yesterday morning, I was walking on Mont-Royal Avenue wearing a jumper from Rebellion Beer. I might have been the first person ever to wear the jumper of this obscure English microbrewery (obscure here anyway, in England it is known all around the South East). So as I was waiting to cross a street, a homeless English speaker asked: "Rebellion Beer? What are you rebelling against, buddy?" I didn't know what smart answer I could give, so I just said that it was a microbrewery from Marlow, England. Later, my brother, who thought that was a hilarious question, told me I should have said: "I'm rebelling against sobriety". Which deserves to be a great unknown line. It was said fifteen minutes too late.

3 comments:

Nellie said...

I have never been quick to respond with a witty line! I do like your brother's idea.:-)

Ms Misantropia said...

Haha!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

LOL! Your brother is quick off the mark.