Sunday 10 May 2015

Anything Goes

I uploaded this song from the great Cole Porter before and actually, the same interpretation by the great Ella Fitzgerald. I have decided to do upload it again, like I do sometimes with songs, partly because I love Anything Goes and mainly because my wife and I are going to see the musical of the same name this month. I am not the biggest fan of musicals, but I want to see stage productions more often this year and I love the music of Cole Porter, so I think I will enjoy this one tremendously. I truly discovered Cole Porter back in 1993-1994, when my mother received a CD set of his work at Christmas. I knew some of his songs, but it is only then that I really got into it. Mum was and is still a big fan. I don't think I ever listened to that much jazz than this winter. It will be nice to rediscover Cole Porter and see his work on stage, which will be a completely new experience for me.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks for posting this -- I like Cole Porter too!