Saturday 21 March 2015

A dragon/gargoyle at the door


It seems that I am often blogging about mythical creatures, monsters and/or folklore these days, I hope nobody minds. There may be more posts on the same topic to come. Anyway, I am a big fan of gargoyles and other macabre statues. Here is one not so macabre, the statue of a gargoyle, or dragon, or dragon shaped gargoyle at the door of a house. Not our house, sadly. It is the house of some family on my wife's side. I don't know if they added the gargoyle/dragon or if it was there when they moved in. In any case, I love it. It is not a proper gargoyle of course, because a true gargoyle would be used to convey water from a roof. All the same, it is a proper attire for a house and no home should be without a gargoyle or two. I have one small gargoyle here and some more in my parents' home in Chicoutimi, but this is the proper stuff, outside, as a stone guardian protecting home. It also gives character to the entrance. Moral of the story: I want one.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am also a big fan of gargoyles!