Monday 12 January 2015

Heavy Monday and Italian wisdom

I had an exhausting day today, a Monday like they are too often. And it was so grey and dark and gloomy outside too! A few minutes ag0, I posted on my Facebook wall that Mondays should be abolished. My Italian friend (the one who lives in Italy, not the one here) commented: "Come sono pesanti i lunedi". Translated pretty accurately (I think) by myself: "How heavy I feel on Monday." Then she wrote something that was really enough to make you feel down, but was again spot on: "Two Mondays of the year gone, fifty more to endure." I cannot praise enough Italian wisdom: she just gave me two great unknown lines. Anyway, here's to one heavy Monday gone.

2 comments:

Nellie said...

This Monday is giving us rain, rain, and more rain! Very gray outside.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

this is what is so great about retirement!