Sunday 7 September 2014

Harvest

This picture was taken at my request by my father. The content of this harvest, which was mainly root vegetables, cabbages, potatoes and sweet corn, was used to make what we called in Québec a bouilli, basically the Québec version of a pot roast. You can see a picture of meal my parents make here. We often associate autumn harvest with fruits, but for me it also means sweet corns, carrots and, well, the content of a pot roast, the meal that marks for me the beginning of autumn. So I thought I would upload this picture as a sort of horn of plenty. I wish I could have a bouilli tonight.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

on my kids fist trip to quebec i took them to the restaurant in the old town that served typical local food. we ordered this dish and my kids were horrified. i loved it. now that they are older they like it too. what people don't realize when they look at this dish is that these ingredients are fresh!...just pulled from the ground. it makes all the difference i the world!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, now I want pot roast too.

Guillaume said...

@Jaz-Which restaurant was it?
@Debra-I do too. Been wanting one since August.