Monday 8 September 2014

An evening with Mozart

As you know, I am trying to spend some evenings out to see plays (as I did recently). This weekend, it will be an evening of a slightly different type, albeit on a stage: an evening watching and listening to Don Giovanni, my favourite opera. I have seen many operas live on stage, but never this one, believe it or not. It will be the first time.

So anyway, a few months ago I saw a poster in one of the local charity shops about this production of Don Giovanni, for a charity organization, in a nearby town. It has a longer interval, so the audience can have a picnic as dinner/supper. My kind of evening. But in any case, only because of the opera, I knew I had to see it. Getting the tickets was a bit of a pain and slow: I actually had to send a cheque by mail, they do not accept other payments. Nevertheless, I received the tickets today. So I can barely wait. To illustrate this post, I have uploaded an image from this book. An image that would fit Le Nozze di Figaro better, but since we are going to have a meal with the performance, it does fit at least the circumstances. And to celebrate this upcoming evening, I have decided to upload here the overture of the opera I love so much.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Oh, my! What an amazing opportunity! I'd jump at the chance myself!:-)

Rachel Lucas said...

Well I so hope that it's a good production & that you love it...I'm lucky enough to have seen it live many times, including once at The Met in NYC...an absolutely amazing experience. The music, as you know, is sublime...

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love this opera and have never seen it either. enjoy and report back!

Guillaume said...

Thank you all for commenting. And of course I will blog about it again.