Saturday 13 September 2014

An autumnal walk in the woods?

This is what I will probably do today: take a good walk in the woods. It will be my first autumnal walk. I know the equinox has not happened yet, but I consider the beginning of September as the starting point of autumn. I say this and autumn is not in full bloom yet. It is still far too warm for the season and the leaves have barely started changing colours. It might be different in the woods though. But I don't think it will be as idyllic as in this painting. I took it more than a year ago, in May or July I think, hoping to use it for a post. This is how I see an autumn walk: fiery colours, cool temperatures and a bed of leaves on the path. I wish I could have bought it, but I cannot hang it on the walls here, since I don't own this place.

1 comment:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Oh how lovely an Autumn Walk sounds. Definitely still too early here in the states, but I'd think we should start seeing a change in the weather up North soon...at least I hope! Enjoy your walk and welcome September and Autumn! :o)