Sunday 21 September 2014

Almost an equinox

Today is the 21st of September, but I have learned on the calendar that it is not the autumnal equinox just yet: it will only happen on the 23rd of September, two days from now. All the same, I consider all of September to be autumn and I certainly cannot wait for two thirds of it, let alone two more days, to consider that autumn is here. And today was very autumnal: the wind was blowing nicely, the sun seemed to bring little warmth and less light and coloured leaves were scattered on the ground. I went to the nearby park I went to yesterday, again to pick up conkers. I stayed for ages, just enjoying this autumnal day, maybe the first true autumn day we had since the beginning of the month. Almost an equinox.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

we had almost 80 degree sunny humid weather today. did you hear me screaming?

chat bleu said...

quel bel arbre !

Guillaume said...

@Jaz-Now it looks and feels very autumnal.
@Jaz-Vraiment? La photo ne lui rend pourtant pas justice et j'ai hésité à la mettre ici.