Wednesday 13 August 2014

Banana bread at work

It happens sometimes, on a gloomy or grey day usually, someone at work brings something they baked. Sometimes, like this week, it is banana bread. I love banana bread at any time, but even more on a working day when I am tired and when I want my breakfast to taste a little bit better than  usual. So I said to the colleague who had baked it and was offering some to me: "I had breakfast already unfortunately, but it would be rude to refuse a slice of banana bread and I do not want to be rude." And I had a large one with tea. Pure bliss and a nice moment of happiness in a gloomy day. Oh and I think what I said can count as a new great unknown line.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I just would have said gimme, gimme, gimme!

Nellie said...

Who can turn down homemade banana bread? Especially with a nice cup of tea.:-)

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

I do love me some banana bread, and pumpkin bread with chocolate chips...yum! And I agree...I would not have been rude either! ;o)