Friday 20 June 2014

Football in a nutshell

The World Cup is going on right now, as every single person on the planet knows, whether they love football or not. I happen to dislike it, I find the sport boring, slow and I find that here in England it brings the worst of people. So I am glad to know that England is eliminated now, even though they have one game left. I said on Facebook and at work something that sums up football for me: "Football is also called soccer, because it sucks." I think it deserves to be a great unknown line. My brother PJ had a few great ones as well about football, I might put them one day here, however I want to blog about football/soccer only a little. I don't want to spend more time on it than necessary.

That said, I was happily surprised when I discovered that not everyone is a football fan in this country. My manager and the other colleague in my small team at work both dislike football and avoid it like the plague it is. It is always good to know. I have also seen at least one pub advertising itself as a "football free zone" in my town. So I am not alone. it is always good to know.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"The only thing more boring than watching grass grow is watching grass grow with soccer players in the way."

Cynthia said...

Lol for the soccer bit !

Algeria won last night and people were honking their horns until the wee hours! I hope they are eliminated soon!