Sunday 4 May 2014

No gramophone?

I was reading recently the Resident's Guide of the block, looking for the specific rules about noises, as there have been people refurbishing flats nearby and they work even at weekends and very early, and I found out the most peculiar guideline: "no musical instrument gramophone radio television or other similar instrument or thing shall be played or used or any singing or dancing take place (...) between the hours of 23:00 and 07:00." Minor peculiarity: there are no commas between words. Other peculiarity: no gramophone? Gramophone? Gramophone? If you wonder when this guide is dated, it says December 2000. Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. I knew some of the owners were old, but not that ancient. I an not certain why, but reading this made me angry. Or rather I know why: we cannot own a pet animal such as a cat here and they wrote a rulebook that seems to have been invented in the bloody early XXth century! At best. A hundred years too old. This ludicrous statement about a gramophone made me think the stupid people who wrote it thought the people who would be as stupid as them. And I find it borderline insulting.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Au travail, si je dois m'absenter pour cause de maladie, je dois envoyer un télégraphe !