Monday 24 March 2014

An aphorism about Monday

I am not Oscar Wilde, but I do try to emulate him as much as much as I can and sometimes I do come up with half-decent aphorisms, which I qualify as great unknown lines. Here is one I thought about going to work: "Sometimes on Monday the weekend seems two weeks away." I don't know why, but it certainly felt this way today. I was not even a particularly hard day, just moderately busy. But it felt long and I feel like the week will be long, twice longer than usual in fact. Am I the only one having this perception?

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

since retirement one day seems much like any other!

Cynthia said...

I have just found out that payday is not on Friday as I thought but next Monday, so the week-end does seem like two weeks away!