Friday 17 January 2014

One Hand Clapping (replay)

I have blogged about One Hand Clapping, the novel by Anthony Burgess and and the play adaptation by Lucia Cox and House of Orphans often before. I was enthusiastic about it, so much so that Lucia Cox wrote on Facebook: "We should make you head of marketing." This is good enough to be a great unknown line. Well, anyway, they are showing it again at The Lowry, on the 22nd, 23rd and 24th of January, so if you are either living in Manchester, or near Manchester, or if you are nearby around these dates, I encourage you, no I urge you to go and watch it. The story is about the disintegration of culture and education in consumerism. I am leaving you here two videos, the first one is the monologue at the beginning of the play, told by Eve Burley who plays Janet. And the second one is an interview with Lucia Cox about the play itself. As a failed thespian, I envy the actors who participated in this one.

No comments: