Friday 18 October 2013

Islands of pumpkins

I am about to leave Montreal, it is going to be the end of my stay in a few mintues. Well, I will go to the airport soon, but this is not the same. I am writing here a quick countdown to Halloween post, before I call the taxi. It is a sort of version to this post in French and an excuse to upload a picture form my stay. This picture is, in a nutshell, what October, autumn and Halloween is to me in Montreal, or at least on the Plateau. I took it at the outdoor market by the Mont-Royal subway station. A box full of big pumpkins, huge by UK's standards, for only $3,95. I nearly bought one, then I remembered I would not carve a Jack O'Lantern here. But this what I will keep in my mind for the weeks to come: not only the decorations everywhere (which I will show in future posts), but the islands of pumpkins in boxes like this one, of all shapes and sizes, as well as already featured, still uncarved, on people's home entrances and balconies.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

have a safe trip back! i will carve a pumpkin for you!

Mantan Calaveras said...

It's almost time; it's almost time!