Monday 18 March 2013

Return on Saint Paddy's Day

So yesterday was Saint Patrick's Day, which I celebrated modestly, or should I say soberly, this year. I did drink, but relatively little: two pints of Guinness. If I did not blog more as I had promised, it was because I was tired. Anyway, so I had two pints of Guinness, one was given free. Luck of the Irish. People were all mentioning Irish coffee on Facebook, to which I replied with the day's motto: ''Who needs coffee when you have Guinness?'' With or without context, I think it qualifies as a great unknown line. Unfortunately, they were not offering free Irish stew at the local Irish pub, so I felt that the day was a bit incomplete. Still, during my time in Montreal, Saint Patrick's Day was usually celebrated by one single Guinness at home and some Irish stew from a tin. So I celebrated it more intensely yesterday.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, two Guinness, I believe you! *wink*