Friday 1 March 2013

Other trains

I am blogging a fourth time today, don't know why. Anyway, I had to leave work later a few evenings this week and take the next train. I always find train journeys interesting, even the mundane and regular ones. Irregular occurrences, I find them fascinating. The later train starts in London and ends its journey in the very small town before the small town I live in, where I make a change. Now that seems innocuous enough, but it changes the whole journey experience, not only because there is a train switch, but because the train is much bigger, much more comfortable, with tables, seats that are sometimes sideways, room for luggage, etc. It feels a bit surreal, this train starting its journey in one of the biggest, busiest cities in the world to end up in a quiet town barely larger than a village.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, that is SO England, isn't it?