Thursday 28 February 2013

The Sins of Cardinal O'Brien

I know I am a little bit late commenting the news, but I could not stay silent on that one. I blogged about Scottish Cardinal O'Brien before, when that Catholic barking dog that is called a priest said that ''aggressive secularism'' was a threat to this country. Now, he had to resign to his position as archbishop and will not take part in the election of the next pope, because if allegations of sexual misconducts... against fellow priests. You can read about it here. One word: pathetic. Granted, those are allegations for now, but it is not like such allegations are rare and have been proven wrong very often in the past. Let's just say now that if they are proven right, this puts his stupid accusations into a whole new perspective: we know he is already a fundamentalist and a coward, he would be now a hypocrite.

3 comments:

Mantan Calaveras said...

Truth to tell, I myself am more worried about funamentalist materialists and the new atheism movement than I am about religion.

The churches are husks now, but the seeds of intolerance, bigotry, and ignorance have been planted anew in the fertile fields of atheism.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A hypocrite? Aren't they all, really?

Guillaume said...

@Mantas Calaveras-Do you have any specific examples about intolerance and bigotry in the fertile field of atheism? There are fanatics among label holders, however I don't see many atheists ramming planes into skyscrapers, going on a war on contraceptives or against homosexuals and gay marriage. I am sure there are some homophobics among us, but homophobia is not an ideological prerequisite to join the club, beside atheism is not an ideology but a specific position on a specific question, about which theists have shown no evidence whatsoever. I have yet to find an agressive secularist that is bigoted to the degree of O'Reilly.
@Debra-Well, some integrists are honest and open about their integrism.