Saturday 5 January 2013

The best godfather

This is a quick, anecdotal post, before I find the energy and mind to blog about serious things. No, I am not talking about the movie epic. I am talking about godfather in the proper sense. Before Christmas, I received a card from my godson and his family. My godson had written: "you are the best godfather in the world". I was deeply moved, since I barely see my godson. There is a whole show of The Atheist Experience (episode 771) about atheists becoming godparents. I never thought about it much when his parents asked me to become his godfather, but whatever I did during all those years (my godson is 7 now), I did it right. It made me say: "Not bad for a godless man". Which deserves to be a great unknown line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)