Thursday 10 January 2013

Money by Pink Floyd

I did not upload a song of Pink Floyd on this blog since September 2012. I thought it was time to put some more. Because Vraie Fiction needs some sound and music as it sometimes needs some colour. And just because I love Pink Floyd. There is plenty I did not upload yet, I decided it is Money this time. Why Money? Why not? It is short enough to listen to on a Thursday night and it has that pleasurable, cynical, borderline nasty beat. Like a YouTube commenter said, it is an anthem to capitalism. ironic since the group made a lot of money with it. But I guess it is part of the interest of this song. I don't want to comment too much on it, I think it is already getting long. The best way to appreciate it is to listen to it. This is both real music and real poetry. So enjoy.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

As Monty Python said in its "Money Song": Everyone must hanker for the butchness of a banker.

Anonymous said...

I would love to listen to it now, but I am babysitting. So it will have to be later, but I can't wait!

The Gill-Man said...

You just can't go wrong with Floyd!