Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas reading

The treasures you can find when you get home and have a look through the bookshelves. I (re)discovered Discovering Christmas Customs and Folklore today (well, the 21st, as my blog posts when I am in Québec get published on GMT, not on local time). I say I discovered it, but really my mum did. I bought it back in 1999, during my first year in England, as a gift to her, but she never came round to read it. I will this year, it will be my Christmas read. I wonder if I didn't buy this gift a bit for myself, so I feel slightly guilty about it. Still, it is the kind of fun book about folklore I love to read by the Christmas tree. So I will read it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like just the book to pick up and get lost in for hours. The front cover is so jolly I can alsmost imagine Santa ho ho ho-ing:-)

Gwen Buchanan said...

Well I think we always buy gifts that we like ourselves or it just wouldn't seem right.

So it looks as though you will be reading it a winter wonderland.

We had a huge rain storm yesterday that took away all the snow that fell just a couple days ago.