Wednesday 24 October 2012

One week until Halloween

I am writing here something obvious. But Halloween is an obsession of mine. The official countdown starts on the first of October, but for me it starts in early September, sometimes even before. This year I started reading horror stories from mid-August. It is something I do since I am a child, as thinking of Halloween helped me coping with the end of holidays and the grey days of school. It is a shame Halloween this year will happen on a Wednesday, in the middle of the week, when I am at my most tired and when I usually go to bed early. In many ways, I celebrate Halloween more in the days before than on the night of the 31st. I guess it comes from being an adult. I don't do trick or treat, but I do enjoy it differently, in a more mature way I guess. Anyway, this is a good reason as any to upload a Jack O'Lantern picture. This is the one I made in 2010.

3 comments:

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Aw...this month has come and gone in the blink of an eye, and I've been SO busy that I've not even really been able to sink down and enjoy it the way I usually do! Can't believe how fast it comes and goes and comes 'round again nowadays! {sigh}

Guillaume said...

I am glad I am not alone feeling like that. There is an Advent for Christmas, I feel like there is an Advent for Halloween. There should be one, in any case.

suzanne said...

I like the idea of a Halloween Advent. I too enjoy the weeks leading up to the 31st as much as the day itself.