Sunday 21 October 2012

A pumpkin

This is this Sunday's countdown to Halloween post. I was not sure what to blog about exactly. I have been struggling with a horror story that is not really coming up, to my great disappointment. I have been wanting to write something like my take on the Jack O'Lantern legend (see here and here), but you might have to wait next year. I decided to go the easy way and simply upload the picture of a pumpkin, one that would make a perfect Jack O'Lantern. This is a pumpkin from one of uncle's garden (on my dad's side). It was taken by my cousin. I mentioned her in a French post yesterday, where I uploaded on Vraie Fiction another of her pictures. She had shown them on Facebook in an autumn album. My cousin is lime me, I think, very much into autumn. And this picture is so beautifully autumnal I had to upload it here. I also wanted to show how talented she is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pumpkin photo! Your cousin is talented.

Vanilla said...

La période d'Halloween, j'adore même si en France on le vit pas vraiment comme au US.
J'adore voir les jolies couleurs de l'automne comme il y a sur cette photo, les histoires de sorcières, vampires et autres monstres d'Halloween et surtout les bonbons lol

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Absolutely great photo. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Good luck on your project!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

This picture comes to life on my computer screen.I can smell the leaf mould, the cold autumn air. A photgraph that can convey all that is an exceptional photograph, and yes your cousin is super talented:-)

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Love the pumpkin pic! Never tire of seeing nice pumpkins! :o)