Friday 6 April 2012

Ennio Morricone for a Good Friday

I was wondering what music to upload on a Good Friday. Then I thought of my recent post about Ennio Morricone, and it reminded me that he wrote the soundtrack of Moses the Lawgiver. It is a little known movie, that was always shadowed by the far inferior, Hollywoodian Biblical epic The Ten Commandments. I saw Moses first, it was shown around Easter when Jesus of Nazareth (made by the same team) was not aired. The film is flawed, it has a very low budget for a Biblical movie, which sometimes weakens the movie. But it has a very intelligent script, written by, yes, you guessed it, Anthony Burgess. This movie is brilliant as it is a deconstruction of the Exodus myth, as well as an exploration of existentialist themes. And, well, Ennio Morricone wrote the music. And it is a beautiful and haunting music (it's Morricone so it has to be haunting and beautiful).So I uploaded the main theme here.

No comments: