Friday 9 March 2012

The usual Friday treats

I am seriously considering finding something else to blog about on Friday than my sandwich treat, as it is getting awfully repetitive. Last week circumstances had me have something different, but this week I had the safe lunch: smoked salmon baguette with the usual trimming, horseradish sauce, Coca Cola and no cashew nuts because I thought I could keep myself some apetite for an afternoon dessert bought at Café2U. I was not lucky: I was busy when the van came.

And there is something else that is disappointing: Café2U didn't have enough customers on a daily basis anymore, so first they stopped coming in the morning. I seldom have time to stop to buy a hot chocolate and croissant anymore (I guess I am partially responsible for what is happening), but now I cannot have my impromptu decadent breakfasts. Then, because the customers were getting really spare, they decided to come only on Wednesday and Friday afternoon. And I am usually busy around the time the van shows up. So now I cannot have desserts and hot chocolates in the afternoon either. I need to find myself new Friday treats.

3 comments:

PJ said...

C'est un cercle vicieux d'une économie austère. Moins de gens au travail, et ce qui travaillent ont moins d'argent à dépenser, alors ils n'achètent pas autant. Alors les magasins réduisent leur heures, le nombre et le salaire des employés, et ainsi de suite.

PJ said...

Ceux qui travaillent...

tao.owl said...

Oh no, I love to read about your Friday treats! Bummer that they cut back on their daily morning visits.