Wednesday 14 September 2011

I miss acting (again)

Okay, this is another gloom and doom post, but I can't help it. I received yesterday an email from an acting school I used to go to when I lived in Montreal. One of those generic emails sent to all former students, about what it coming this term and which class to subscribe to, etc. You read it and it is so inviting. But I live far from Montreal. It would have been fun. I did only one course with them, years ago, but it is only since last year that I started feeling ready to go back to acting.

I say this, yet I haven't done acting since April. I didn't do the next course, for various reasons, and now I don't think I can do acting any time soon, again for various reasons, one of them being that I will lack time. It's not only the weekly class, you need to invest lots of time in it that I sadly do not have. And it is the energy it needs too: I know my classes were energising, but it also requires a lot of it and I am catching my breath enough as it is. So I am feeling stuck: I badly want to find time, energy, to get into the right state of mind to commit myself to acting, and I cannot really do it. And so I get that pang of sadness when I receive those emails. I need to live with it.

2 comments:

tao.owl said...

I like to say "follow your dreams,make it happen" and then reality sets in and it dawns on me that I am a hypocrite. If you find the path less taken, please do share. I have hope yet.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

I agree....follow your dream, make it happen.

After years in a job I hated....I really understand happiness in a way I could not before. Do not let people tell you that you cannot be happy and follow what you love.

To the future!

Cheers!