Thursday 1 September 2011

Bats in the park

I walk outside sometimes in the evening, something I blogged about before. As it was a lovely evening, just cool enough to be enjoyable, we went for a quick walk in a nearby park. Then I saw familiar creatures in the evening shadows, little elusive shadows flying around, between the fire of the setting sun and the growing darkness. Bats of course. We have bats in the garden here, I didn't know they were also in the park nearby, I guess it was to be expected. I felt very much in autumn. Strange that people find bats scary, even downright sinister, there is something shy in their behaviour. Their presence made me appreciate the park, and the walk, even more.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

We do have some in my garden, I wonder where they sleep during the day! They are probably the only wild animal we have in the city.