Thursday 21 July 2011

End of school

Because I have colleagues with children, I learned that it was the end of the school year today in the area. I hadn't even noticed.I am now used to my situation of employee in the private sector I guess, even if it was not so long ago that I was living my professional life according to the school year, its end and its beginning. I never got quite used to the school year here, which ends so late in July that they have back to school advertisement a week after the end of classes. Maybe this is why I adapted so easily to my new situation. I do have a strange feeling at the beginning of the school year, but I think it has more to do with the fact that we grow up and spend years, decades, with the school year as our calendar. We integrate it in the beat of our life, so to speak. But for now, I am glad it is all I kept from the school world.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Décidément, je ne comprends pas le principe d'une année scolaire qui finit après la célébration du solstice d'été. Ça n'a aucun bon sens.