Monday 13 June 2011

Time to book hunt

It might not look like it on the bookshelves, but my stocks of books look a bit thin now. The unread books at least, as there are a few books I have read already (in French) which I want to read in the original language. And today, out of pure chance looking at Thrilling Detective, I discovered that a new George Pelecanos is going to be released soon: The Cut. With a modern take on an old character archetype which I love: the private detective. Listen to the author reading bits of the novel here. Sounds very promising. So it's time to book hunt again. Summer is the right season for it, especially if you want to read crime fiction. I went to the bookstore quickly last Tuesday, but I need a proper afternoon there, go on a real hunt. The Cut is of course my main target, but who knows what else I will also find.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hunting for books is almost as thrilling as reading a thriller:-) It is even better when you stumble on unexpected treasure, or discover a new author. Good luck with your hunt Guillaume.

Guillaume said...

Thanks, I am very excited.