Thursday 21 April 2011

Maundy Thursday and birthday

I learned today on BBC news that it was the first time in 85 years that Queen Elizabeth celebrates her birthday on Maundy Thursday. Yes, because I share my birthday with the Queen of England, which is something, as a republican, I am not particularly happy about (but I guess it could have been worse). My birthday often happens around Easter time, which as a child confused me a bit: I thought Easter was my birthday. A couple of times my birthday cake was egg shaped or rabbit shaped. This is not as bad as being born on the 25 of December and it has advantages: there are more chances for my birthday to fall on a holiday when it is around Easter.

4 comments:

PJ said...

La fête de ma blonde tombe en même temps que celle de la reine Elizabeth I, autre anecdote comme ça. Et moi, mon anniversaire coïncide avec celui de Takahashi Rumiko, la reine des mangakas. Il y a juste notre petit frère qui n'a pas de reine née à la même date, il est un jour plus vieux que la reine Padmé Amidalla de Star Wars, campée par Nathalie Portman...

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Guillaume, and cheers to the old ducks who shares it with you:-)

Cynthia said...

Happy B-day!

Lol I was born on December 26 so I get my presents wrapped in Christmas paper and I often got Christmas logs as a cake!

suzanne said...

Happy Birthday!! And yes, you could have done worse. I believe Pope Benedict celebrated a birthday quite recently . . .