Sunday 2 January 2011

Looking at the calendar

I had a look today at the 2010 calendar we took off. I will try to avoid writing clichés about changing calendars, but anyway I had a look at it, the reminders I put there, the interviews I went to and what we had planned to do. It is funny how much changed within a year and reassuring to see how much I progressed. I don't have dead end, thankless jobs in schools anymore, I don't feel frustrated going to and back from work every day. If my job is sometimes frustrating, at least I don't feel undervalued. Not as often and as much anyway. I don't feel too bad about not having a teaching career anymore, as I never felt that I had much of one, not in the last two years anyway. I am surprised about how comfortably I settled in the private sector (and at the right time too). I was a bit anxious about it when I started, but it turned out okay. 

Of course, at the end of the year I took the chance to be creative again and be an aspiring artist again. With the acting classes, I feel that my life is more rewarding. At about the same time last year, I had received my permanent visa, which was really good news, but in so many aspects of my life I was feeling in Purgatory, if not Hell, that I did not appreciate it fully. I know the future is incertain, it always is and it should be. Nevertheless, I am in a better place, at least in a happier one. I am moving on and maybe even moving up.

2 comments:

Mozart's Girl said...

Hoping that 2011 is good to you, Guillaume (& that you're enjoying Radio 3 as much as I am!!) xo

Guillaume said...

Thank you Rachel. Happy new year to you too. And I don't listen to radio much, so I don't know what is on Radio 3 at the moment, to my great shame, although I have some ideas.