Monday 27 September 2010

I wish I could be in Manchester next month

I will be mostly sedentary for the next month or so, spending most of my free time here. I had enough holidays until Christmas comes, that said I wish I could go in Manchester in October. There are days when I miss academia and I sorely miss being an active intellectual. I recently received an email from the Anthony Burgess Foundation telling me about the various events next month, many of them organised by the Manchester Literature Festival. Not all these events are related to my favourite writer, even indirectly, but I am curious about a few lectures, especially the one of Jonathan Schofield on Burgess's Manchester. Reading the list of events, I think I could get busy for a month there and enjoy myself immensely. I have barely seen Manchester and I think it might be time for an intellectual pilgrimage.

No comments: